Faculty members and researchers of SRM group of institutions, external academic institutions and industries can avail the following facilities.
|Sr. No||Instrument Name||Service Charges (effective from 01-04-2019). Consumable/Grid charges are extra|
|SRM group of Institution||External Users|
|1||Hi-Resolution Transmission Electron Microscope (HRTEM)||Rs.250/Slot + Grid charge: Rs.250/Grid||Rs.2000/Slot + Grid charge: Rs.250 /Grid||Rs.2000/Slot + Grid charge: Rs.250 /Grid|
|3||X-Ray Diffractometer (XRD)||Rs.150/Hour||Rs.500/Hour||Rs.1000/Hour|
|4||Nitrogen Adsorption/Desorption Analyzer||Rs.1200/Slot||Rs.1500/Slot||Rs.1500/Slot|
Postal address for sending HRTEM and XRD samples-
Prof. M. Sasidharan
R-12, 13th Floor, SRM Research Institute
SRM institute of Science & Technology, Kattankulathur,
Chennai-603203, Tamil Nadu
Important: All users must register online to reserve time.
• General instructions for using HRTEM facility
1) Prior request from the faculty user with necessary details about the sample is required.
2) Before giving the sample for TEM analysis, it is suggested that each sample is characterized by any other techniques such as XRD, SEM, AFM etc. Proper justification need to be given for doing the TEM for each sample.
3) Samples which are not high vacuum compatible cannot be analyzed by TEM. If your samples are magnetic in nature please provide more details and discuss with the TEM operator.
4) Please make the slot request only through this online portal well in advance.
5) Within two days you will get your request approved and email will be sent. Once it is approved, one can use the slot by submitting the proof of the fee payment (DD or receipt for online transfer with UTR number/IMPS number) to the TEM operator in the TEM lab.
6) If the booked slots cannot be utilized, please cancel the slots blocked through this online portal well in advance.
7) We encourage that the sample preparation including the copper grids is arranged by the users and the prepared samples should be submitted in advance to the slot time at the TEM facility.
8) Optionally, one carbon coated copper grid (200 mesh) required for your upcoming slot can be obtained from the TEM lab, by submitting the fee payment proof (as per the availability of the grids).
9) However, the HRTEM sample preparation can be done in the adjacent XRD room, and if required the technician’s help can be availed.
10) Only about 45 minutes (one slot) will be spent per sample. If more time is required more slots can be booked.
11) Maximum two researchers, faculty/research scholar will be allowed to join the technician inside the TEM room during the sample observation.
12) Please bring relevant supporting data/literature to help the technician to know more about your sample & expected results.
13) Data or the images will be transferred to CD only. Please bring your CD for the same.
14) Any journal publications/presentations/proceedings etc arising out of the research facility must be acknowledged by the users. If acknowledged 30% discount on the immediate next 2 bookings can be availed.
• General instructions for using Micro-Raman and XRD facility
1) Users can book a maximum of 2 slots per week. Each slot consists of 1 h.
2) There is no restriction on number of samples. It is the user to decide how to spend their slot effectively.
3) User should come with at least one print out of literature, if available.
4) Any journal publications/presentations/proceedings etc arising out of the research facility must be acknowledged by the users. If acknowledged 30% discount on the immediate next 2 bookings can be availed.
• Mode of payment:
Instrumentation charges can be paid either through demand draft (DD) in favor of “SRMIST Consultancy” payable at Chennai or through online transfer (NEFT/IMPS).
For online transfer:
Account Name: SRMIST Consultancy
Ac. No: 6338865174
Bank Name: Indian Bank
SRM University Branch
Branch Code - 1975
IFSC Code: IDIB000S181
Any journal publications/presentations/proceedings etc arising out of the research facility must be acknowledged by the users.
Please follow the following format for the acknowledgements:
For HRTEM: We acknowledge the HRTEM FACILITY at SRMIST set up with support from MNRE (Project No. 31/03/2014-15/PVSE-R&D),Government of India.
For micro-Raman: We acknowledge SRM institute of Science and Technology for providing “micro-Raman FACILITY”.
For XRD: We acknowledge the XRD FACILITY at SRMIST set up with support from MNRE (Project No. 31/03/2014-15/PVSE-R&D),Government of India.